At CSL our concept is that felt roof systems are designed to achieve one purpose, that the flat roof is waterproof, durable and cost effective. Advanced felt technology provide non-tear qualities and modified bitumens impart excellent elasticity. Backed up by a comprehensive guarantee you have the added confidence of a quality, built-to-last installation.
Modified bitumen systems can be one, two or three layer systems often incorporating insulation within their build up. They are factory manufactured into rolls for ease of application and are usually adhered using hot bitumen, adhesive or peel and stick applications. Cap sheets are generally secured by torch-on application using a standard roofer’s torch. The membranes should be heated carefully ensuring the heat dispersible film on the underside is completely removed as work proceeds to achieve the required adhesion.
Advantaged of using modified bitumen systems:
- Excellent flexibility in extreme weather conditions due to the high tensile strength.
- Easy to repair and maintain.
- Manufactured in rolls for ease of application.
- Factory-manufactured to ensure quality control.
- Accommodate movement of the building.
Variety of surface finished that resist oxidation and damage from UV rays.